About the Licensing Officer
The Licensing Officer is a public officer who oversees the licensing and regulation of insolvency practitioners in order to ensure the fair and responsible administration of insolvency and restructuring matters in Singapore.
The functions of the Licensing Officer include:
- Granting and renewing insolvency practitioner’s licences;
- Maintaining a register of licensed insolvency practitioners in Singapore;
- Promoting and maintaining the standards of the insolvency practitioners profession by ensuring that only appropriately qualified, fit and proper persons are admitted to the industry;
- Investigating complaints made against insolvency practitioners in respect of their conduct; and
- Where necessary, taking the appropriate enforcement action against an errant insolvency practitioner.